Drummond Golf presents Tiger Week - Teeing off May 4th on FOX SPORTS
We know recently there's been a serious lack of live golf and Tiger action on TV. We can’t fix the live golf situation but we can fix the lack of Tiger action, so we've teamed up with Fox Sports to help make this happen.
On Monday, May 4th we'll be teeing off into a week-long pop-up channel on Fox Sports 503, Foxtel and Foxtel NOW, where you can enjoy a celebration of, arguably the greatest golfer of all time, Tiger Woods!
Sponsored by Drummond Golf, Tiger Week will enable golf fans to re-live some of Woods’ greatest moments on the links – from his amateur days, first professional win, the venues he dominated and the dramatic shots and finishes which have always been his trademark.
See below for the broadcast highlights then enjoy the viewing!
Monday, May 4:
- From 7.00pm, we look back at two of the greatest of all time, Tiger and Jack and 1999 where Tiger dominated Jack’s tournament for 3 consecutive years.
Tuesday, May 5
- From 1.00pm, whether is was the Open or the Invitational, Tiger certainly took to it when it was in reference to Buick. Catch all six of Tigers Buick Invitational wins.
- From 7.00pm, see Tiger at the peak of his powers with his “four peat” at Arnie’s Bay Hill Club, a course which suited Tiger’s eye and was the scene of eight of his victories.
Wednesday, May 6
- From 6.00pm, Tiger burst onto the professional scene in 1996 on the back of his third consecutive US Amateur. What made this even more astonishing was the fact that Tiger won the US Junior Amateur the three years preceding.
- We go back in time and sit down with the six players that Tiger defeated over his six-year Amateur championship run as they take us through what it was like going head to head with a young Tiger.
Thursday, May 7:
- From midday, we look at how Tiger closed out the end of the century with arguably one of his best seasons, 1999. Here we look back at seven of Tiger’s wins.
- From 7.00pm, we look at Tiger’s blowouts, the tournaments he dominated. We start with the record breaking 1997 Masters and follow with two more of Tiger’s blowout victories.
Friday, May 8:
- From 3.00pm, we focus on the streak, Tiger’s incredible run in 2006/2007, winning seven straight tournaments that he competed in, starting with the 2006 Open Championship.
Saturday, May 9:
- From Midday, we look at Tiger in playoffs. Tiger has one of the most impressive playoff records (11 wins-1 loss) on tour, and today we bring you nine of Tiger’s wins by means of a playoff.
- Tiger had only played a handful of tournaments as a professional before his first win, the 1996 Las Vegas Invitational. He finished tied first on 27 under par with good friend Davis Love III, the rest is history!
Sunday, May 10:
- From 1.00pm, we head to Arnie’s place. Tiger Woods and Bay Hill have become synonymous on the PGA Tour. Tiger has played 18 times at Arnie’s place and has won the tournament a record eight times, having lived close to the course for the first 10 plus years of his professional career would no doubt have helped. Here we take a look back at all 8 of Tigers wins at Arnie’s place.