In 1914, three events heralded the beginning of an exciting new era in golf.
First, the flamboyant Walter Hagen won the U.S Open Championship. His amazing golfing skill and colourful personality captured headlines, increasing the nation’s interest and participation in the game.
Second, Henry Ford introduced the mass production assembly line, and doubled his worker’s wages. He set a precedent that helped establish a new era in which the average man could afford both the time and money for what had previously been a rich man’s game.
Third, Wilson Sporting Goods Co entered the Sporting Goods business. In the years to come, Wilson’s bold new club ideas helped make the game more enjoyable for more golfers than ever before in the history of the game.
The following chronicles some of the key moments in the history of Wilson golf that changed the gentle game of 50 years ago to the exciting, low scoring power game that we know today.
Items 1-18 of 36
- Wilson Feel Plus Glove - WomensWAS $13.95 NOW $11.16
- Wilson Grip Plus Womens GloveWAS $18.95 NOW $15.16
- Wilson Staff 2016 Grip Plus GloveWAS $18.95 NOW $13.27
- Wilson Staff 2018 Grip Plus GloveWAS $18.95 NOW $15.16
- Wilson Staff Caddie TowelWAS $27.95 NOW $22.36
- Wilson Staff Conform GloveWAS $27.95 NOW $22.36
- Wilson Staff D7 Driver$449.00
- Wilson Staff D7 Fairway Wood$289.00
- Wilson Staff D7 Hybrid$249.00
- Wilson Staff D7 IronsOut of stock - Contact store
- Wilson Staff Duo Optix Green Golf BallsWAS $29.95 NOW $23.96
- Wilson Staff Duo Optix Red Golf BallsWAS $29.95 NOW $23.96
- Wilson Staff Duo Optix Yellow Golf BallsWAS $29.95 NOW $23.96
- Wilson Staff Duo Professional White Golf BallsOut of stock - Contact store
- Wilson Staff EXO Cart Bag - BlackWAS $269.95 NOW $215.96
- Wilson Staff EXO Cart Bag - D7WAS $269.95 NOW $215.96
- Wilson Staff FG Tour 2016 Golf BallsOut of stock - Contact store
- Wilson Staff FG Tour GloveWAS $29.95 NOW $23.96